M-Th: 9-9 / F-Sa: 9-5 / Sun: 12-4 (Sept-May)631.581.593371 Monell Ave., Islip, NY

Library Card

How do I apply for a Library Card?

At the Circulation Desk you may apply for a new card, replace a lost card, or update your current card. Library cards are free of charge to all residents and taxpayers of the Islip Union Free School District No.2. You will need to fill out an application and provide two valid forms of identification, one with your name and address, and one form with your signature.

Examples with name & current address:

Examples with a signature:

  • Valid Driver License
  • Recent Utility Bill
  • Current Tax Bill
  • Proof of Legal Guardianship*
  • Credit Card
  • Social Security Card
  • Medical ID Card

A child may receive a card at any age.
* All items checked out on a child’s card are the responsibility of the parent/guardian

What if my library card is lost or stolen?

If your card is lost or stolen, please notify us immediately. There is a replacement charge of $2.00 for all cards. Bring in one form of identification to the circulation desk with your name and address on it.

How often does my library card have to be renewed?

Library cards are renewed every three years. We will ask for identification with your name and current address. The clerk will update your information in the computer and you will continue to use the same card. To renew your card it must be free of any charges.

What if I don’t have my library card with me?

You may check out items using a photo I.D. with your name and address, providing you have a valid Islip Library card on file.

How do I obtain a temporary library card?

This service is for new Library Cards only. To obtain a temporary card you must go online: click here.

A temporary account allows you to access online resources and place holds on materials that are not new. Within 30 days, visit the Circulation desk in the Library to convert your temporary library card into a permanent card. Proper identification is required.

Translate »