Our Book a Librarian service provides technology assistance to Islip Public Library card holders. Assistance is provided in a 30-minute one-on-one session with a professional reference librarian. Please call the Adult Reference Desk, or click the link below to request an appointment for this service.
Technology Assistance We Provide:
- Managing your Library account online (searching, requesting, renewing library materials and registering for programs)
- Accessing and using the Library’s online databases
- Downloading Library eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines
- Streaming movies from Indieflix
- Assisting with personal computers and devices:
- Learning computer skills
- Setting up an email account
- Attaching files to an email
- Surfing the Internet
- Uploading files to the Internet
- Using Social Media (ie Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc…)
- Creating and managing files and folders
- Transferring photos from a device to a computer
Book a Librarian Service can not… :
- …provide data entry or offer advice regarding medical, legal, financial, income tax, or personal transactions (ie: applications, contracts, online purchases, travel bookings, wills, etc…). We can however, steer users to reliable sources of information.
- …type or proofread your document, resume, cover letter, etc.
- …help with the removal of computer infections and/or viruses. Assistance of this kind will need to be addressed by IT professionals available through: Apple, Microsoft, Best Buy etc…). We can however, provide general assistance with computer software.
For more information about our Book a Librarian service, please call to speak with a librarian at the Adult Reference Desk.