Free and Affordable Family Activities:
Long Island and Manhattan
This summer, and year round, take advantage of free and affordable family activities that Long Island and Manhattan have to offer. The Islip Public Library’s free museum passes/vouchers are a great way to get started. You and your family can enjoy visits to the following venues:
- American Museum of Natural History, Manhattan
- Cradle of Aviation, Garden City
- Fire Island Lighthouse at parking field #5 on Robert Moses Causeway, Bay Shore
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, Manhattan
- Long Island Children’s Museum, Garden City
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration, Old Bethpage
- Museum of Modern Art, Manhattan
- Sagtikos Manor, Bay Shore
- Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium, Centerport
- Walt Whitman Birthplace Association, Huntington Station
Reserve a museum pass by clicking on the following link, https://isliplibrary.org/museum-passes/ Have your Islip Public Library adult card handy. Read and accept the terms. Each pass is reserved and checked out for 3 days.
The following Children’s Librarians Association of Suffolk Country, Inc. (CLASC), Inc.-sponsored link includes 12 pages of affordable things ($8.00 and under) to do on Long Island. Additional links are included for even more activities. The Islip Public Library offers free passes to some of the listed locations!
The Islip Public Library’s Children’s Department also has a display of regularly updated information that includes local and Island-wide activities. Check us out on your next visit!