Finding the Right Job
Are you employed but still looking? Are you underemployed or unemployed?
Be sure to stop by the Islip Public Library on Friday, October 21 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm for our 9th Annual Job Fair presented by the Suffolk County One Stop Employment Center.
Did you know about some of the job related websites listed below? These websites are great if you are looking for a job, and for writing or revising your resume and cover letter.
The Islip Library also has an online database called “Career Cruising” plus books, ebooks, and audiobooks on jobs and careers.
Career Info. Websites
- Career OneStop
- Discover Your Skills
- Jobs Express
- New York State Career Zone
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Online Reputation Management
- Tri-State and Federal Government Jobs
- What Can I Do With a Major in…
Resume/Cover Letter Websites
- Cover Letter & Resume Sample By Industry -- If you need help customizing your resume to your field, check out these resume examples for various careers.
- CareerOneStop Resume Templates and Resume Formats -- Sample resume walk-through.
- http://www.resumes-cover-letters-jobs.com -- Free resume templates you edit in word, free cover letter examples plus an Indeed job search engine.
- http://www.career-resumes.com/sample-resumes/ -- Sample resumes plus a resume/cover letter critique.
- CV Maker – Prepare professional looking resumes in just few minutes. Select one of the few resume templates to get started with.
- Slash CV– Build a smart and clutter free resume with ease. You can also share your online resume using your personal links on their website.
Try the Career Cruising database for exploring careers. Career Cruising is an interactive career guidance and pathways planning tool designed for people of all ages. The tool can help students to explore different career options, manage course selections online--and plan various pathways to meet the requirements for their desired career path.
Check out our job and career books!