Celebrate Teen Tech Week With Us!
Teen Tech Week is when libraries make the time to showcase all of the great digital resources and services that are available to help teens succeed in school and prepare for college and 21st century careers.
Celebrate Teen Tech Week with us, March 6-12, 2016, with the theme "Create it at Your Library.”
- Download an ebook or audiobook from the libraryBlog about a library book or program.
- Try out a book-focused website like GoodReads or LibraryThing.
- Ask your librarian to recommend a nonfiction book on an area of technology that interests you.Add something to an article on Wikipedia.
- Many young adult authors welcome email from their readers and many have their own websites, blogs, and Twitter/Facebook accounts. Send them a message in honor of Teen Tech Week!
- Check out some video games, DVDs, or CDs from your library.
- Create an avatar on Yahoo! Avatars.Come to a tech-related club at the library. Tech Club March 7; Tech Buddies March 11
- Read and contribute to a blog about technology.
- Watch some anime or start an anime club at your library.
- Create a YouTube or Animoto video about your library or a favorite book.
- Download a newspaper article from the day you were born from an electronic database.
- Sign up for Tech Buddies
- Learn how to DJ music or record music with a computer.
- Search in a biography database for an article about your favorite musician.
- Learn how to use some new software, and even create your own mobile app to submit for the Congressional App Challenge.
- Create a database of something you want to organize.
- Start a Twitter, Tumblr, or Flickr account as a way to find and share content about a topic of interest to you.
Visit the website: MakeItAtYourLibrary.org
Check out this magazine in the Teen section at Islip Library: Make: Technology on Your Time