Summertime is Reading Time | Adult Summer Reading Club
Summer is right around the corner and that means beaches, barbecues, hiking, kayaking, sailing, and of course summer reading! Did you know that we have a summer reading club for adults?! Registration for the adult summer reading club begins on Friday, June 16th. It’s easy to participate: Come into the library to register and receive a summer reading club folder. Read any book you want and give us a review of the book(s) you read.
You can either report on your book using a paper book review form (you will receive when you register) or by filling out your book review on our Adult Summer Reading club blog found here:
Remember: you need to register first before reporting on your books. After reading and reporting on two books, you will receive a sweet treat! The first 75 patrons who read and report on three books, will receive an invitation to attend our summer reading club party on Friday, August 18 at 5:00 pm with dinner catered by Fratelli’s Restaurant and a fully staged musical production of My Fair Lady performed by Plaza Theatrical Productions.
Need some ideas for what to read this summer? Try these lists or stop into the library for some more great summer reading suggestions!
- 19 summer books that will keep you up all night reading
- Publisher’s Weekly best 2017 non-fiction summer reads
- Publisher’s Weekly best 2017 fiction summer reads
- Books to Breeze Through This Summer
- Amazon Best Sellers of 2017 (So Far)
- 9 Essential Summer Reads—From Sci-Fi to Philosophical Superheroes (from Wired Magazine)
- 10 hot books you won’t want to miss this summer
- Book lovers tour of America